8.10.12

... fashionista

... and trend setter I am not, but I am enjoying the current colour blocks we are seeing in this season's clothing. These kiln slumped pendents in bold, striking colours remind me of fashion in the 60's.
... mod squad revisited!

The pantone colour trends for this season were released some time ago but I'm just seeing prominent colours gracing the  fashion stores now.

Colour really underpins most of what I make in my studio and how I see things - this may explain why my beads are sometime plain and simple. If you're really keen, you can see the next season's colour picks here!

... Byron Bay, NSW
 New work in my estore  has been inspired by some recent 'time out' days at the beach - recharging my batteries has given me new material to work with. 
Sea, sand and surf colours are a refreshing change of colour palette for me. The more I make, the more I want to down tools and head off!
These little Blue Sky disc beads are the perfect size for earrings or to use a spacer beads in necklaces or bracelets.

... work in progress
... and just before I head off, I wanted to share with you a new enameled piece I been working on. This is one of several, using soft muted tones and combining the smooth metal finish with candy coloured leather trims.

I'll be back again later this week with an update on the forth coming Craft and Quilt Fair. Free tickets are up for grabs by registering on the website - see you soon; Liz x

No comments: