16.8.10

... back in the groove

... one of markers that tell you that your trip away is def. over is when you finally put your luggage away. My bags were unpacked not long after I returned, but all through my house and in my studio are little reminders of where I've been and what I've done ... packets of brochures, ticket stubs, new books, tools and glass along with trinkets etc.
I managed to jump on the torch a few days ago and remembered that I had bought some new tools and glass while I was away. It instantly took me back - I just love hanging onto those memories!

Spring is just around the corner and already I find myself making "flower" beads. Don't get me wrong, I do love geometric patterned beads too but the florals are really doing it for me at the moment.


hand crafted glass cabs

These glass cabs were made by layering glass and floral detail to the base before adding a thick clear layer of glass on top along with more flowers and vines for good measure! I spotted some very tiny air bubbles trapped under the thick glass cover, but all in all I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt.

... floating vines and murrini flowers

Earlier today I sent out my mini newsletter - a brief mail out to keep you in the loop with what's happening over the next few weeks. Let me know if you missed out! Have a lovely week everyone - I'll be back in a few days with more pics and updates on my NY page. Ciao ~ Liz x

No comments: