15.7.10

... felted bangles

... are on their way! How groovy are these? I am so excited to be hosting this workshop when I get back from my US trip! I have been working on my class notes and kits, each of which will contain enough roving to make up 2 bangles and decorated them the small decorative hand made glass beads in matching or complementing colours. No previous felting experience needed but places are limited and booking can be made now with Mad Monnie or email me directly. Classes will be held on August 18th and repeated on Saturday 21st.

felted bangle - citrus lime

The other great news is that my September workshops will be making gorgeous felted flowers, inspired by the beautiful work of Carol Huber-Cypher. More on this workshop when I get back.

In the mean time, I am living my perfect storm! You know the sort - the one that starts slowly, so far back you don't even remember, and before you know it, you're living the the bad dream. I should be packing and thinking about all the things I need to take away with me on the weekend, but I am still finishing gallery orders and writing submissions.

I did take some time out yesterday to help my partner cook for our Bastille Day dinner soiree. It was relaxing to spend time the family and friends and enjoy food and drink not really conducive to mid week dining. Delicious but very grateful Bastille Day is only celebrated one day out of every year. If you still need a "french fix", you can take part in the French festivities held at Southbank on Saturday 17th July.

champagne cocktails - lethal!

OK - I'm off to start the packing now, well at least to think about all the things I cannot live without for the next 3 weeks. Talk soon - Liz x

No comments: