16.6.10

... non discript

... playtime brings out the creativity in me. If you know me, then you know that I work hard at what I do. This sometimes leaves very little time in my routine for family and friends. But - I am working on this and on the weekend I started. Apart from giving my blog (and soon my website) a fresh new look, I made myself myself some beads with the twisties I made the week before.



Twisities are just that - twists of glass (usually two or three colours) heated together before being stretched and twisted from either end at the same time - this gives the newly formed glass rod a spiral pattern and whilst they are fun to make, it's something I don't do all the time. But, when the beads come out looking like this, I remind myself that I should be doing this more often :)

..... parcels in the post - almost always contain good things!

Just when the sugar levels were low and very depleted yesterday - this little package arrived! Amongst the clear windowed envelopes was little ray of sunshine, full of chocolate goodness and just in time for the afternoon latte! Thank you Robyn :)

There are only 3 sleeps till Saturday's weekend felt workshops being held at Mad Monnies. A few places remain for the beginner workshop in the morning and maybe 1 place available for the afternoon session. Please contact me or Monnie directly for details. I'm off to Threads & more this morning to to check on their Merino wool supplies and hope to come back with some lovely woolly goodness!

I will post again later this week with details of the Brisbane Bead and Gem show - see you soon! Liz x

No comments: