10.5.10

... flying south for the winter

... not me of course, but this batch of freshly made beads! A lovely selection, hand picked and made with love for the lovely Jenny Drynan who owns and operates Jellybeads of Mogo.

If you've ever driven through this quaint coastal town, you would know that every shop lures you in with gorgeous artisan crafted goods. Jellybeads is no different - Jenny stocks a wide range of beading goodies, supplies and a great selection of my art-glass beads. Pop in and say hello!

... surf's up - sea spray discs

... a little something for all tastes!

This week in the studio, I have continued my experiments with melting glass directly only sterling silver wire - and exploring possibilities with all thicknesses. The silver continues to tarnish as it soaks in the kiln while the beads are annealed.

This of course darkens the patina and makes the usually shiny silver lengths look dark and antiqued. It's not quite the "look" I was after! I know that my Bell flower earrings are made this way and so have survived this test, but I'm never 100% sure. Anyway, I am continuing my work on a new range of jewellery - which is still "work in progress" but will have pics to show you next time!


Last weekend's felting class at Mad Monnies was once again a lovely way to relax and spend the afternoon with my students. The focus was on adding new skills and techniques to our repertoire - making cords (dreadlocks) and using felting needles was on the list and ideas and inspiration came from Carol's book Hand Felted Beads and Jewelry.

Have a lovely week everyone - I'll be back in a few days: Liz x

1 comment:

Thea said...

Hi Liz, Nice to see that you are so busy. I'm sorry I can't make it to your Open Studio this weekend but I am flying to Melbourne for an event that I planned and paid for months ago. Maybe next time? x