4.10.11

... new play things

.... arrived in the post this week! I have been itchin' to play with copper wire for some now but after a few false starts (artistic copper coloured wire) I finally got my hands on the real thing ... and didn't have to stalk the postie for ages as it's coming from a seller who lives not far from me :)

If you're familiar with my work, you'll know that "fancy" headpins of all sorts are part of my creative routine. I have had these lovelies developing in my head for some time now... they say that copper is the new silver, so I'm keen to add these glass accessories to some new jewellery styles I'm currently designing. The copper that I'm currently using is a genuine product and not a coloured clone! The 20G size is soft and easy to work with and the pins have been annealed, cleaned are are ready for your creative projects!
In the mean time, you can see a few more of these glass headpins in my etsy store! Yes, after much thinking, and rethinking - I've decided to give my etsy store a new lease of life. Of course, there's not much there now but over the next few weeks, I will continue to add new bits and pieces from around my studio but leave the beads etc for my estore....

Talk soon ~ Liz x

No comments: