30.9.11

.... exotic blooms

... in my garden have been an inspiration for me lately. Hippeastrums that grow will at htis time of the year are in full bloom. This one grows in a shady spot in our garden amongst the dark green ferns. I love it's deep coral colours that are interrupted by flashed of yellow and green!

Next week I will be in Canberra and I am keen to check out the new floral displays at Floriade. Im a really sucker for "colour" and it always plays a big part in my work. My class at the Canberra Glassworks is focus on florals, vines and complex canes, like the ones in the flowers below. ... inspired by the real thing


It's been a busy and productive week in the studio. It's the last weekend of the school holiday and I'm looking forward to some time out. Whatever you doing, and whoever you're with: have a fabulous weekend.

No comments: