30.8.11

... a change of weather

... is a sign that Spring is not too far away. Rainy days over the past week have kept me inside and at torch. After re-arranging the studio last week, (very, very dumb idea) I discovered that I have way too much glass and in amongst all that, a very, large box of shorts. In the glassbead world, this is commonly used terminology for short ends of the glass rods which collect en mass, very quickly. They are too costly to throw away but not enough of "anything" to begin new projects with!

... way too cool (coloured discs)


... warm assortment

I have decided to develop a range of jewellery created from these "shorts" based on the principles of "reduce ~ revive ~ recycle ~ revamp ~ restore". I have been thinking about this concept for some time now, so it was good to see be beginnings of these ideas finally materialise into actual objects ...
I am busy working on a new range that will make it's way to The Collective Store tomorrow afternoon, just in time to celebrate the arrival of Spring. Pop in and check it out if you are in the area. Talk again soon ~ Liz x

No comments: