11.7.11

... bead envy

... I have long been a fan of Barbara Lewis' enamelled metal beads and am patiently waiting for my copy of her book to arrive! High temperature enamel powders are used to coat the metal beads, which are then introduced into the flame and gently heated to create a glass coating on the surface.



... turns simply metal filigree beads into exciting jewellery components


Here is a result of my "play time" last week when I finally had some time to get serious with my newly found materials! I love the "hit and miss" look that allows the textured pattern from the bead to show through the patterned surface. They are fiddly and time consuming to coat but almost meditative in the process!


... Springtime Dreaming!


The studio is buzzing along with lots of things to keep me very busy between now and the Melbourne Craft and Quilt Fair - July 28th to 31st. I am hoping to have some complementary tickets to give away, so "watch this space" - as will let you know as soon as possible.
The Canberra Craft and Quilt Fair will be on not long after and I am hosting a few earring/wire work classes. I will have more details and the opportunity to sign up before the date but will have more information and "how to details" in my newsletter (out this week).
Keep warm wherever you are! Talk soon, Liz x

No comments: