24.1.11

... le bon weekend

.... how was yours ? Mine was pretty good - a bit hectic thou, but that's nothing unusual! I made more beads (of course) but i got to play a little with some ring mandrels that I've had hanging around the studio for some time now.


Glass rings have been around for a long, long time - made in various ways. This is how I've decided to start my learning journey and you can clearly see that more practice is needed!
I had actually made a few rings some time ago - but it wasn't until I sat down and focused on what I was really doing, that I realised that these rings are harder to make than they look! (2011 resolution #4 - try stuff that is challenging!)I will play around a bit more with them this week - of course, now I need some more mandrels and I will have to wait till they arrive. In the mean time, I will make do with the limited sizes that I have.


Today was the first day of the school year for my youngest son who started year 9! While Alex was as school, my eldest boy and husband took part in a charity ride to raise much needed funds for the victims of the recent Queensland floods. The stars of the ride were Lance Armstrong and Aussie cyclist Robbie McEwan - over 3000 riders took part and raised over $125,000. I'm sure it's an event that my boys will remember for a long time to come. I am so proud of them both! Have a lovely week everyone - hugs, Liz x

No comments: