27.9.10

.... so much to see and do

... and not much time to squeeze it all in! Spring time in Canberra is just beautiful and there is always so much to see and do. Of course, it is now school holiday time and there are so many visitors about. One of things I was really looking forward to was attending the Floriade Nightfest.





I cant believe how fast time is ticking. I have now been in Canberra for over a week and am well into my second week of the my flame working residency at the Canberra Glassworks. I have been totally absorbed with my ideas and new designs for some new work I have been thinking about.

Yesterday I was able to use the sandblaster - a big scary machine but leaves an incredibly smooth, satin finish on the bead surface. I think that today I will play around a bit more with these ideas and maybe do some more this afternoon.

The first of my teaching sessions begin today - am very excited to be here and looking forward to the classes which will now run all week. Take care - talk soon. Liz x

No comments: