14.5.10

.... baby it's cold outside

... and the cool of Autumn is finally setting down over Brisbane. I love this time of year! The tweeting birds from the aviary next door no longer wake at 4.30 am (thank god!) and the coolness in the air makes me want to stay in bed - even if its only for a little while longer.

My work too, has changed a bit! I noticed this yesterday as I looked thru my display cabinet and realised that my jewellery pieces had taken on a "Autumn" feel about them. I should have sensed this last week when I found myself making bucket loads of olive and amber coloured beads. Maybe this was a sign?

Thank you to family, friends and followers who attended my "open studio" event on Sunday. It was lovely to connect again with you, some of whom I've not seen since the last show. The weather was overcast and grey - but perfect for spending time in the studio checking out the beads and jewellery on show.

It has been another busy start to the week and I will (hopefully) have some news regarding the Brisbane City Council and their support for Creative Artisans, like myself and some other stuff that I am itchin' to share .... but not just yet :) Have a great week - back in a few days: Liz x

No comments: