8.10.08

...the weekend came and went

.... and somewhere in between, the Brisbane Glass Bead makers raised $3700.00 for Breast Cancer Research. We had a fabulous time and the guest certainly came away with the big booty of prizes. A big thank you from all of us to the local businesses supported us by donating food items and use of their facilities.
Many of our fellow glass artists throughout Australia donated items as well, along with several glass suppliers.

We were also supported by several high profile Australian Glass artists. Tina Cooper (Tina Cooper Gallery at Eumundi) Lucas Salton and Jonathon Westacott (Yandina Hot Shop) donated items or custom made items for our event.
This included a fabulous paperweight, a handmade glass goblet, small blue Murini bowl and a large pink platter especially made for us by Lucas Salton.

These items were auctioned and raised additional funds along with donated percentage of jewellery sales, raffles and lucky envelopes. A big thank you from me to everyone in the Think Pink Team who put their precious time and effort into the project and helped make it the success that it was.


Now that I have a bit more time to myself, I will working on making some more of these pink focal beads....
These ones are heading off to Mad Monnies where they will be used in Think Pink Jewellery making class towards the end of the month.
I have been scrounging through my glass stash to find every possible shade of pink glass that I have (and it looks like I have lots!!!)
I have a few more to make and will post pictures as soon as they're finished.
Take care ..... talk soon!

No comments: